+ VAT (if applicable)
BHS First Aid for Horses
Who is it for?
Horse riders, owners, parents of horse riders / owners & anyone regularly around or working with horses.
Where will the course be held?
The course will be held at Swang Pony Centre in connection with Evolution Vets. The course will be delivered by Heidi John BSc MA VetMB MRCVS & Elaine Foster BHS STage 3 Coach in Complete Horsemanship.
Course Overview (includes practical)
- Pre First Aid - Prevention of Injury/Illness
- Vital Signs - Temperature, Pulse, Respiration
- The First Aid Kit
- When to call the vet
- Emergencies (Colic, Cast, Choke, Nosebleeds)
- Contagious & Infectious diseases (Strangles, EHV, Ringworm)
- Isolation Procedure
- Lameness (Laminitis, foot abscess, tendon injury, fractures)
£36 per person to include lunch & refreshments