Passport Issuing Organisations

These information sheets are provided for your interest. They should not replace veterinary advice from your veterinary surgeon.

Whilst every effort is taken to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the information provided, your specific circumstances must be discussed before advice can be given.

Fri, 20/05/2022 - 12:23 -- Brendan John MRCVS

You can get a horse passport application form from an authorised Passport Issuing Organisation (PIO). There are some of these which also record the animal in a Studbook and some which do not. The latest lists are found here on the DEFRA website:

PIOs which do not manage studbooks

PIOs which do manage studbooks